Despite trailing in the fourth set, Lindenwood men's volleyball rallied to defeat MIVA foe Quincy in five sets in Quincy, Ill. The Lions trailed 17-21 in the fourth set, but rallied to win the fourth 26-24 and the deciding fifth set 15-10. With the win, the Lions move to 7-9 overall and 3-3 in conference games.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sam Schindler paced the offense with 11 kills, three aces and five blocks. He also led the team with a .474 attack percentage.
- Lindenwood's other middle, Connor Hipelius was equally effective, notching 11 kills, one ace and two blocks while tacking on five digs.
- Charley Hlavin collected a double-double with a team-high 12 kills and 10 digs.
- Nick Stevenson also tallied 12 kills and had seven digs.
- Setter Adam Brewster also had a double-double with 53 assists and 11 digs. His 53 assists are tied for the eighth most in a five-set match this season.
- Libero Johnny Winkler collected 21 digs against the Hawks.
The Lions face a tough weekend with road matches at Ball State and Purdue Fort Wayne. First serve against Ball State is set for 6 p.m. (CT) on Friday.